October is upon us yet again. The trees have begun to change into their vibrant Autumn coats and the temperature has started to drop. Luckily, we happy Holmen humans have the perfect recipe to inject some spicy sweet warmth into your coffee that is delicious, healthy and also (optionally…) vegan!
Check it out below!
Havana Caramel, Pumpkin & Date Spiced Latte
Makes 5 to 8 portions
- 250g pumpkin puree or roasted pumpkin (to roast the pumpkin, peel and dice it into finger sized pieces and dry roast in a 220C oven until soft, then cool)
- 200g pitted dates (not dried)
- 200g coconut milk
- 1 Teaspoon Torani: Salted Caramel syrup
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Pinch of ground cloves
Add all the ingredients intro a blender and blend into a smooth paste. If you have difficulty blending the mix, add more coconut milk. Can be used right away, but is best when left one night covered in the refrigerator.
Makes 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons of the pumpkin mix (or more if you like!)
- 1 cup of Holmen Havana filter coffee – brewed strong!
- 1 cup of almond milk for the vegan option, or the same of regular milk if you prefer
Heat the milk in a pan until it begins to steam (Do not boil!).
Add in the pumpkin mix and the coffee and whisk to combine into a smooth and frothy consistency.
Pour into the biggest latte cup you can find, and enjoy!